Monday 3 January 2011

Lebkuchen!

A belated "Happy New Year!" to all my readers. I hope you had a good one whatever you ended up doing. I stayed in with my Mum, drinking Archers whilst watching the adaption of Nigel Slater's "Toast" on BBC1. 


After finishing exams and battling the elements to get home for Christmas, I've been a little slack in my Christmas blogging! So the next two posts will be Christmas bakes, but ones I feel you should just make whenever!
First is The Pink Whisk's Lebkuchen which I've wanted to bake since the 1st December! I usually get mine from the German supermarkets we're all aware of, but homemade is always so much better!


Ingredients:
85ml honey
115g dark brown sugar
30g butter
225g plain flour, sifted
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 egg, beaten
50g ground almonds

For the full method, please head on over here. These were delicious and so easy to make! 
Ready to be iced!
I'll be back soon with the most delicious Sticky Toffee pudding you will ever have!

No comments:

Post a Comment