Tuesday 30 November 2010

Pillow Cookies.

It's been far too long! I've had a hectic few weeks, with bad grades, a weekend away, and a portfolio due in. Sorry that I've been neglecting this blog, but I have a post for you today and I'll have one tomorrow to make up for the wait!

This week's recipe is 'Pillow Cookies' which I discovered over at Bakerella! Brownies IN cookies?! Sounds good to me!

Now because I would be making brownies and cookies, I decided to cheat a little (or as Bakerella reccommends!) and bought a box mix. But, I did make the cookies from scratch from a recipe from Hummingbird (Perhaps I should venture into different baking books?)


After whipping up the brownies according to the box instructions, I baked them and then allowed them to cool. Whilst they were doing that, I made up the cookie batter. I then cut the brownies into squares. Taking a tablespoon of cookie dough, I squidged it down onto a baking tray, placed the brownie square on top and then put some more dough over the brownie.


I then repeated this step many times and cooked for around 10-20 minutes. Here's an inside look of a cookie!
Doesn't it look good? Full recipe and instructions at Bakerella's Pillow Cookies. Enjoy!

1 comment: