Thursday 5 August 2010

Chocolate Chip & Pretzel Cookie Bars.

July's recipe for TSR's baking club was chosen by The White Cat Baker and you can find the recipe for the Chocoate Chip & Pretzel Cookie Bars here!

I'm not the biggest fan of Pretzels but I did go to the supermarket in hope of finding some small ones but no luck! I decided to substitute the pretzels with pecans - and as the recipe provides 32 bars (depending on how you cut it I'd imagine) I thought that pecans would go down better with the family.





(As you can see, my attempts of drizzling chocolate were a bit rubbish - I just threw some chocolate curls on top in frustration ha!)


They were more like a cake than a cookie in my opinion. I think the recipe would need a bit more flour to become a cookie as the dough wasn't as firm as cookie dough is. Taste definately improves after a couple of days and it becomes more of an inbetween of cookie and cake. Definately worth a try at least!

Links to the other blogs : The White Cat Baker, Dulwich Munchies, Internet Gems, Sarah Cooks and Peachy Tarts

No comments:

Post a Comment