Monday 31 May 2010

Banana Bread.

Banana bread is a firm favourite with my friends. It's pretty easy to whip up in less than 5 minutes and the plate is always empty before the cake gets cold!

We had some bananas lying around so me and my brother did some banana bread this afternoon. He mashed the bananas while I made the cake batter. There are numerous recipes for banana bread but my favourite is just normal cake mix plus mushed banana. Same recipe as posted earlier, 4oz butter, 4oz sugar, 4oz self raising flour and 2 eggs. Peel the bananas, quarter them and then go at them with a fork until it's a gloopy mixture. Combine the two and cook in the oven at 180 degrees for about 40 minutes or when a knife is inserted it comes out clean.

Here it was just out of the oven,


After it collapsed a little (boo!) I tipped it out onto a plate. It's always nice when a cake comes clean out!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good, Keep up with the blog and you will soon begin to accumulate followers. Check out my Blog if you want:
    http://teenage-cook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete